We are seeking 15 summer interns (five in each of 3 “hubs”) for full time work during the summer (June and July) in the United States, United Kingdom and Continental Europe.
The World Management Survey is as a joint research project initiative between academics at the London School of Economics, MIT, Harvard Business School, Stanford, Cornell University and the World Bank. This cutting edge management and economic research and builds upon the highly successful prior management research across manufacturing and public sector that has received wide coverage in international media, policy and academia.
The methodology of the data collection involves interviewing managers at these establishments for approximately one hour, for which there are currently 15 vacancies (five in each “hub”) for full time work during the summer (June and July). Your job as a WMS Intern would be to arrange and conduct interviews with managers of manufacturing firms under the supervision of a Team Supervisor.
This is an exciting opportunity for students as you will get:
- First-hand experience on the research methods of a large-scale survey;
- Competitive pay;
- A reference letter outlining your performance and longer-term opportunities for top performers.
- Undergraduate degree (final year undergrads graduating in 2021 are encouraged to apply).
- Native/near-native fluency in at least one of English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, or German.
- Fluency in at least one of Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French or German an asset.
- You need to be eligible to work in at least one of US, UK or EU to qualify.
- Available to work full time in June/2021 and July/2021.
Please note that there is some flexibility for physical location within-country, as you will be working fully remotely. COVID-19 restrictions permitting, we may hold outdoor team-building events in the ‘hub cities’ (London, UK; Madrid, Spain; or Ithaca, NY, USA). These are optional and only if guidelines allow for safe meetings.
- You will be working fully remotely, but “based” in the US, UK or Spain for contracting purposes.
- You will need a stable and reliable internet connection.
- Ability to use a quiet and isolated workspace for 7 hours per day.
- Familiarity with Zoom, Slack and/or Basecamp an asset.
The job of a WMS Intern includes the following tasks:
- Participating in a training program and engage with the team to fully understand the methodology;
- Checking in with your supervisor and team daily, and participating in weekly calibration team exercise;
- Cold-calling a list of firms and convincing the plant manager to participate in the survey;
- Helping with booking interviews with managers who agree to participate and conduct these interviews under the supervision of your team leader (who will be listening in to the interviews);
- Listen in to other team members’ interviews to ensure consistency of scoring within teams.
To apply, please fill out the form by clicking the button on the left.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. After the interview you may be asked to complete a short technical exercise. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.